Stop Smoking (cigarettes) Thread
  • LEDLED
    Hrair
    Man, these things are evil as Fuhhh...k. Hey everybody! I am really struggling with this one, so I'm asking for advice from the DTFH elite. How the FUCK do I stop smoking??

There's all sorts of ideas that I've found. Hypnosis? How would I know if this guys legit? Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking? I've read the audio-book over and over, but I'm still a slave to this drug.

Nicotine. A drug on display at every grocery market and gas station. A drug seen being inhaled in every other vehicle that passes me by on the public roadways. (or maybe I just notice the smokers, being one of them) Wasted remnants of used cigarettes butts in the sidewalk cracks, along retail curbs and the ashtrays outside the door.

"Hey. You got a cigarette?" Yeah, I do, but I can't afford to support your habit on top of mine. Fuck.

People will argue that they ENJOY smoking. It's such a mind-fucking new-age slavery conspiracy. Since we can't make people pick cotton, we'll just make them bring us money. Every day. Rain or shine.

At the current price of cigarettes at one pack a day for the last 25 years = $58,308.75. Twenty-five years ago, I was buying packs for $1.25, but I don't know how to calculate with inflation. I give them all that money my entire life, then I'll die before they have to pay me social security. So "they" can add that to their profits. I say "they" because whoever gets to keep those Social Security funds would find it in their best interest to support the Nicotine industry.

While cigarettes are legal as fuck, weed is a schedule one narcotic to protect us from ourselves. They're not doing a good job of protecting me from drugs, that's for damn sure. How can I trust them now?

I started smoking when I was twelve. To be a rebel, to be cool, and feel grown-up. I was twelve, and I bought cigarettes everyday, without being carded. I didn't even have a moustache or anything. Fuckers.

My gas station is my dope-boy. I'd walk there in a blizzard to give them their daily bread, before I'd help a friend who needs a ride, if it's inconvenient. I'd rather relax at home with cigarettes. FML.

It's gotten to the point where I've become so lethargic, and overweight. I no longer enjoy the outdoor activities in sunlight that I KNOW I still enjoy, deep down.

Will Power? So, I just don't have enough of that, so I'm just fucked? Am I not angry enough to quit? I seem pretty upset about it, I don't know. Have I not sunk low enough yet? Do I need to experience being homeless, because cigarettes were more important than paying rent?

Heroin junkies go to rehab and get free methadone. AA anonymous, the christian support group. There really is no cigarette help that I know of.

How do I stop smoking? Does anyone know? Help? Then will I just crave them for the rest of my life? Am I just fucked?
  • I'm a smoker too, and I'm now really convinced its just mind over matter. That's it. Don't waste your money on pills or patches. Just quit. That's it. No sage advice. Just want it.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg
  • I'm a smoker too, and I'm now really convinced its just mind over matter. That's it. Don't waste your money on pills or patches. Just quit. That's it. No sage advice. Just want it.

Almost 20 years smoking.
    photo lao-tzu-field1copysmall.jpg

It's been about a month now. I recommend it.
    Love is what occurs when the universe recognizes itself for what it is.
    owlsa support waned RIP orgone
  • Either stop being a pussy and quit or try one of those electronic things...
    Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one millionth of reality.
  • I think ecigs are gonna be what i go to next. Been smoking 16 years and the longest ive managed to go without was 3 months, and that was cold turkey.
  • LEDLED
    Hrair
    Zornes said:

Either stop being a pussy and quit or try one of those electronic things...

I don't think you need to call me a pussy, because I smoke cigarettes. I can do very daring and heroic things while smoking cigarettes.

Those e-cigs are NICOTINE. Keeping you addicted to the drug, which is what I want to quit. Taking Nicotine to quit nicotine is just absurd. You'll just be addicted to e-cigs, instead of O.G. cigs. That's like an alcoholic trying to quit, by switching to wine coolers instead of wine.

E-cigarettes, the patch, nicorette gum, chew, dip, snuff, cigars, blunt wraps, it's all THE SAME fucking thing. Nicotine. It's some evil shit, mang.

• Whilst i agree and am also hoping to quit smoking eventually, i don't think you can compare an addiction like smoking with slavery/cotton picking. :P
    Post edited by [Deleted User] at 2012-07-28 13:53:56
    "I got stuck in a cravarse on the moun-tain."
  • I hate smoking, but have a legit addiction to nicotine. I get by smoking 5-8 cigs a day, but I NEED those. I've gone 3 days without then started having horrible anxiety issues. I want to quit so bad. I wish I never started.
  • LEDLED
    Hrair
    That's it. It's over. Those bastards tried to kill me; they almost got me too.

With every pang/fit/jones/desire/urge/craving, I imagine that nicotine demon dying a slow and painful death inside me. Die, you mother-fucking fuck! Fucking scream all you want, I'm GLAD it's hurting you, cocksucker. Every time I hear your agonizing wails to be fed, I get smug.

No, I won't replace you with gum, toothpicks, or masturbation. You're NOTHING, you hear me? You're cancer.

Fuck you, all you turd-burglars that have anything to do with bringing the tobacco to the people. Seriously.

Cigarettes are like creeper weed, but instead of getting you stoned, you just wait for the nic-fit to creep up. With every puff, you're depositing more nic-fitting in your near-future account of lethargy.

"Willie Nelson quit smoking cigarettes by filling a pack of smokes with joints. Every time he reached for a cancer-stick, he'd get stoned." - Duncan Trussel (from back when it was the Lavender Hour)

Fuck Brown. Green is Keen, brown is down. Why was I fucking with brown? The leaves look like seaweed poop plankton. It's all about that fluorescent green kush that sparkles with crystals and shit, who's leaves look like the hands of (a Dr. Seuss verson of) God.
  • Here is my take on the e-cigs (get the v2!). It's harm reduction first and foremost. It's nicotine minus the tobacco. Don't switch over to them, instead use them to ween yourself off. They mimic the act of smoking and you get a similar dose of nicotine. It took me a month of using them before I gave the e-cigs away to a co-worker. I didn't even go through all the cartridges it came with! I highly recommend using the e-cig as a tool to go cig free completely.
  • I found you need to change how you look at cigarettes. You need to see them as a bunch of disgusting chemicals that you really don't want. If you just quit but haven't in your mind it will keep lingering.

Another thing that helped me was whenever you get a craving, simply observe it as a phenomenon in yourself, but don't lose yourself in it. It can help to lighten them. One more thing is to start something where you want your lungs to be healthy, ie, running, soccer, going to the gym, yoga, rockclimbing, whatever it may be. Good luck!
  • 2 weeks without those marlboro reds again here. I quit for 7 years before going to treatment in January... I was smoking a pack a day again within a week of being in there. You just have to do it. I go to NA meetings and damn near everyone smoked but once again I do not crave them even when I am around them. Once you make it a week you are golden.
  • the ONLY way to stop is to simply refrain from putting cigs in your mouth. and don't wait for the cravings to go away, they don't. they do get shorter and MUCH easier to handle, though.

be strong. just fucking STOP.
  • -
    Post edited by wolvesatmydoor at 2012-09-22 16:03:57
  • -
    Post edited by wolvesatmydoor at 2012-09-22 16:04:13
  • The E-cigs FUCKED me up. It felt like i was just trading one fucked up habit for another fucked up habit. Unfortunately E-cigs were very enjoyable for me, it was great, i was vaping on that thing ALL the time. It looked cool, and tasted good. Sometimes i would never put it down, like when watching a movie or something. It tasted really good and there are Tons of flavors to chose from. It was just too cool. I didnt even want to quit. Its the perfect way to keep an addict of nicotine an addict. They can also make you feel like shit, its not as harsh as cigs so you can easily chain vape all day and then start feeling like shit after a while. Also ALOT of those e-cigs are cheaply made in china, and mine tended to break very easily. I wouldn't recommend buying one. For me it was a pain in the ass. And now im back to cigs after jumping in the river with it in my pocket and totally ruining my last one. I know 2 other people who went back to cigs after having problems with their vape as well. FUCK IT ALL! Stay away from all forms of nicotine if you really wanna quit.......this is just my opinion on the matter
  • LED said:

Zornes said:

Either stop being a pussy and quit or try one of those electronic things...

I don't think you need to call me a pussy, because I smoke cigarettes. I can do very daring and heroic things while smoking cigarettes.

Those e-cigs are NICOTINE. Keeping you addicted to the drug, which is what I want to quit. Taking Nicotine to quit nicotine is just absurd. You'll just be addicted to e-cigs, instead of O.G. cigs. That's like an alcoholic trying to quit, by switching to wine coolers instead of wine.

E-cigarettes, the patch, nicorette gum, chew, dip, snuff, cigars, blunt wraps, it's all THE SAME fucking thing. Nicotine. It's some evil shit, mang.

Errr... No.

Nicotine isn't the problem. The problem is having is having the chemicals combined with the tar in the leaf and paper combusted into your lung parts.

But then, your opinion, don't take my advice fine, I just tell you what works for me.
  • I hate them too.
  • i accidentally quit cigarettes due to a rough lsd trip.. i was smoking like 1-2 packs a day at the time of the trip. i swore my lung was collapsed for a few hours during the trip, (this was a long ass trip, like 12-18 hours) it was in excruciating pain.

wasnt a complete train wreck of a trip but when it was over i would keep getting the same pain in my lungs every time i smoked a cigarette. i had no problem quitting cigarettes and have no desire to smoke them anymore.
    Post edited by sleepy at 2012-07-29 03:15:33
  • @sleepy it's odd how when you quit your lungs don't start really hurting until a day or two after your last one. like there's some chemicals in there that numb your pain.
  • LEDLED
    Hrair

Nicotine isn't the problem.

For the last 8 years, I've smoked American Spirits, exclusively. I'm pretty sure nicotine is the problem for me. I haven't had the 500+ additional chemicals you have.

Cleziact said:

The E-cigs FUCKED me up. It felt like i was just trading one fucked up habit for another fucked up habit. Unfortunately E-cigs were very enjoyable for me, it was great, i was vaping on that thing ALL the time. It looked cool, and tasted good. Sometimes i would never put it down, like when watching a movie or something. It tasted really good and there are Tons of flavors to chose from. It was just too cool. I didnt even want to quit. Its the perfect way to keep an addict of nicotine an addict. They can also make you feel like shit, its not as harsh as cigs so you can easily chain vape all day and then start feeling like shit after a while. Also ALOT of those e-cigs are cheaply made in china, and mine tended to break very easily. I wouldn't recommend buying one. For me it was a pain in the ass. And now im back to cigs after jumping in the river with it in my pocket and totally ruining my last one. I know 2 other people who went back to cigs after having problems with their vape as well. FUCK IT ALL! Stay away from all forms of nicotine if you really wanna quit.......this is just my opinion on the matter

Amen, brother. I completely agree with you, my esteemed colleague.
  • -
    Post edited by wolvesatmydoor at 2012-09-22 16:04:32
  • LEDLED
    Hrair
    "Our Government spends BILLIONS of dollars subsidizing tobacco farmers." - Bryan Callen's father, Michael Callen

(episode 10 from the Bryan Callen Show Podcast @ 17:14 min)

@wolvesatmydoor, thank you.
  • Every time you are thinking about smoking a cig instead DON'T.

Unfortunately that is the only real answer to it. Now there are many tricks that people can use, but ultimately it boils down to will and just not lighting a cig. No excuses like "oh, I'll just have one cause I have a buzz on". That shit doesn't work and you will probably start doing silly stuff like drinking/smoking weed just to have a cig after. Your addicted brain will come up with all sorts of hilarious situations as excuses to smoke "just one now".

The thing with Cigs is that really the withdrawals are not something crazy like Heroin where you really get ill. You can just power through, you don't need to ween off. One little logical thing I would think about when I was quitting smoking is that frequently Women that were smokers find out that they are pregnant and bam, they instantly quit because of the child. Maybe you don't have that motivation, but it shows that you can in fact just stop instantly if you really want to.

I have quit twice now (haha). First time I quit for 2 years after smoking for over 15 years. I just randomly stopped one day. I didn't mention it to anyone or make a big deal out of it. Then I got back into some social smoking for a while. Never with the intensity of the first 15 year run, but I started to feel shitty from them and noticed that I was thinking about them so one day I just randomly stopped again and haven't smoked in years now.
  • LED said:

Nicotine isn't the problem.

For the last 8 years, I've smoked American Spirits, exclusively. I'm pretty sure nicotine is the problem for me. I haven't had the 500+ additional chemicals you have.

Cleziact said:

The E-cigs FUCKED me up. It felt like i was just trading one fucked up habit for another fucked up habit. Unfortunately E-cigs were very enjoyable for me, it was great, i was vaping on that thing ALL the time. It looked cool, and tasted good. Sometimes i would never put it down, like when watching a movie or something. It tasted really good and there are Tons of flavors to chose from. It was just too cool. I didnt even want to quit. Its the perfect way to keep an addict of nicotine an addict. They can also make you feel like shit, its not as harsh as cigs so you can easily chain vape all day and then start feeling like shit after a while. Also ALOT of those e-cigs are cheaply made in china, and mine tended to break very easily. I wouldn't recommend buying one. For me it was a pain in the ass. And now im back to cigs after jumping in the river with it in my pocket and totally ruining my last one. I know 2 other people who went back to cigs after having problems with their vape as well. FUCK IT ALL! Stay away from all forms of nicotine if you really wanna quit.......this is just my opinion on the matter

Amen, brother. I completely agree with you, my esteemed colleague.

Eh.

I guess you're in a bad spot then, aintcha?

E-cig aside I spent a week at work going through withdrawals. The e-cig is just a good distraction mechanism.

Just do it and stop talking about doing it. That was always the worst thing for me, yakking about how I couldn't smoke made me want to smoke more.

I had a 2 or 3 cheat cigarettes in the first two weeks, but they all tasted like shit, and I'm pretty sure I'm working on month number 2 at this point.
  • LED said:

"Our Government spends BILLIONS of dollars subsidizing tobacco farmers." - Bryan Callen's father, Michael Callen

(episode 10 from the Bryan Callen Show Podcast @ 17:14 min)

@wolvesatmydoor, thank you.

The government pays billions to subsidize all sorts of crops. The majority goes to staples like corn and soy

I believe the majority of the farming subsidies go/have gone into paying farmers not to produce tobacco. Small tobacco farming is dead, It used to be the life's blood of many parts of the south...now those places make meth

Great work on not smoking...tough to kick. Don't let the beast back in your house
    Post edited by sherpa17 at 2012-07-30 10:21:44
  • LEDLED
    Hrair
    I caved today. I plan on quitting again, like tomorrow, but fuck... I was a wreck. My mind was evil. I was a complete psycho. Everything made me hysterical and crazy and angry. I was riding my motorcycle like a lunatic - because I was angry at it. Yeah, I know...

I came home and punched huge holes in my walls. Yeah, I know... Then I decided to get some cigarettes, and it instantly sedated me to a passive state. I failed at quitting, so I have to quit again now. I doubt it's going to get any easier.

In retrospect, there was no reason to be raging, but that didn't matter. I had a chemical imbalance - seriously. That chemical is the drug called nicotine. I hope I can figure this out. That imbalance of lack of nicotine made me a psycho schizophrenic.

This must sound ludicrous to anyone reading this, but it's my reality. I fucking hate cigarettes so much, while feeling like I can't live without them.
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    I'm a Troll. Don't Feed Me.
    As some of you probably know I just returned from Peru doing an insanely physically & mentally traumatic Ayahuasca retreat.
    My intention was to purge myself of the desire for, and affects of cigarettes which have held me in their evil clutches for 20 years.
    The physical torture I endured in purging my lungs and body of the toxins was so traumatic that I stopped smoking after day 1.
    Although I still crave them a little, the thought of what I went through so fills me with terror that my brain/body/soul instantly rejects the impulse.
    $950 + Airfares etc is NOTHING compared to the cost/s of smoking.
    Namo Amituofo
  • LED said:

I caved today. I plan on quitting again, like tomorrow, but fuck... I was a wreck. My mind was evil. I was a complete psycho. Everything made me hysterical and crazy and angry. I was riding my motorcycle like a lunatic - because I was angry at it. Yeah, I know...

I came home and punched huge holes in my walls. Yeah, I know... Then I decided to get some cigarettes, and it instantly sedated me to a passive state. I failed at quitting, so I have to quit again now. I doubt it's going to get any easier.

In retrospect, there was no reason to be raging, but that didn't matter. I had a chemical imbalance - seriously. That chemical is the drug called nicotine. I hope I can figure this out. That imbalance of lack of nicotine made me a psycho schizophrenic.

This must sound ludicrous to anyone reading this, but it's my reality. I fucking hate cigarettes so much, while feeling like I can't live without them.

You have to let the anger, anxiety, and confusion wash over you and accept it. You are aware you're in a compromised state when you're there. I slept a lot about every time I tried to quit (except for this time), you need to make this a battle with yourself, and forgive yourself for slippage and move on as I'm sure you know.

It's good to be angry, as long as you let it go at a slow boil over the day, and find good ways to vent it.

Find some time to lock yourself away and deal with it, or if that's not your nature, find some activity to distract you intensely enough not to think about it for awhile.

Binge eating also helps.
  • Quitting smoking (or forming any habit, really) is a marathon, not a sprint...get back on the path and keep trying to stay on
  • I've never been heavily addicted to cigs, but I do know that if I have a craving, I'll just have a small amount of the good herb and I'll be fine. The ganja buzz cancels out any craving for a cigarette.

I ruined a perfectly good thread.
  • As some of you probably know I just returned from Peru doing an insanely physically & mentally traumatic Ayahuasca retreat.
    My intention was to purge myself of the desire for, and affects of cigarettes which have held me in their evil clutches for 20 years.
    The physical torture I endured in purging my lungs and body of the toxins was so traumatic that I stopped smoking after day 1.
    Although I still crave them a little, the thought of what I went through so fills me with terror that my brain/body/soul instantly rejects the impulse.

Congrats on quitting. Could you please elaborate a little more about the purging? I am trying to quit cigarettes also, and I was wondering how the ayahuasca purge ties in. Is it a physical revulsion to smoking, or is it a newer mental focus you have to block the cravings?

• I quit smoking cigs about 4 years ago. I still smoke backwoods like maybe a pack a month. Also, a good cigar maybe on a Friday night. (Less of good cigars, too poor too afford, that's why I smoke backwoods) Anyway, I quit cigs using the twelve steps from AA.
    Post edited by winning at 2012-08-08 19:41:14
    Get out of line Lemming.
  • @LED

I smoked for almost 10 years, and quit 5 months ago. The first couple of weeks were obviously pretty rough, but I tried framing smokers as people who were slaves to a really shitty addiction--people who deserved sympathy, if that makes sense. That worked pretty well.

The other thing was creating new habits to replace smoking. I started exercising and cooking a lot more. I practiced my instrument more, and I did more creative things.

I know people who have quit who told me if they had 10 minutes left to live, they'd want a cigarette. I don't feel like that at all. I don't crave them anymore, and I don't mind when people smoke around me. I feel immeasurably better and more energetic, and I'm happy when I wake up after a night out and my clothes don't smell like smoke. The amount of willpower it takes to quit also makes other things seem a lot easier.

It's tough but worth it. Good luck. Try to think about all the positive benefits that you'll gain from doing it.
    The future ahead of us is beyond our wildest imaginings. It can't be any other way. Business as usual is off the menu.
  • i smoked for about a year and a half and realized what a waste of money they are and i dont feel much diffrent. most of the time i felt like shit after smoking a cig. i just stopped. i dont know if its easy for everyone but i just played video games and was to lazy to go outside a smoke a ciggarette and eventually i stopped caring. GOOD LUCK!
  • KwaiChangCaineKwaiChangCaine
    chefklo said:

As some of you probably know I just returned from Peru doing an insanely physically & mentally traumatic Ayahuasca retreat.

Congrats on quitting. Could you please elaborate a little more about the purging? I am trying to quit cigarettes also, and I was wondering how the ayahuasca purge ties in. Is it a physical revulsion to smoking, or is it a newer mental focus you have to block the cravings?

Dude, The brutality of the purging - basically oil/tar/toxins out the ass and skin is mentally tied in with the thought of inhaling smoke now.
    From the other Ayahuasca thread:
    Physically rejuvenated and 100% off ALL smoke based stuff (ciggies/weed etc).
    Mother Aya has put a zap on my brain linking the brutal purging and poison removed so violently to the cause (carcinogens), therefore putting the fear of god into me and not actually letting me go there. Like a mental Firewall.
    And this on a guy who has smoked cigs for 20 years and weed all day long for about 27. Amazing!
    AND I DON"T MISS IT! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Namo Amituofo
  • nowembernowember
    I smoked cigarettes for 5 years and quit a year ago. I got tired of fatigue that they gave and I also started getting massive headaches.Basically I got really tired of feeling like a piece of shit all the time, so I went cold turkey and never looked back.
    Post edited by nowember at 2012-08-09 09:19:25
    If you don't have light, you don't have sight.
  • I quit last Monday, I've been smoking for 11 years.

I bought a legit e-cig (eGo-C twist) with a medium-high nicotine dose tobacco-flavored liquid. It was ~$70, but it is working. I'm trying this because a friend did the same thing a few months ago and it worked for him.

Get addicted to the e-cig - it doesn't matter how much you are using it, or how much nicotine you are taking in, the only thing that matters is that you are not smoking cigarettes.

Step down the nicotine eventually, in a month, 2 months, however long. All that matters is that you are not smoking a cigarette.
  • I have been smoking on and off for about 10 years now. And FUCK. I don't like that I can say that. I am a very health aware person. No sodas, lots of veggies, no fast food, etc. But when I have a few glasses of whiskey with some friends and he sparks up I am basically helpless. With this being the case I usually can't go a few weeks without this happening. I wish they were illegal or something. I think it was Duncan who said, imagine being an ex heroin user and every time you go out to have a good time there are people everywhere doing fucking heroin. It's accurate, and I hate it. Cigarettes are the devil.
  • I quit for 7 years before I went into treatment in January for opiates. I was smoking a pack a day within 5 days. After treatment I quit for a month and then two weeks. I am about to go smoke my last one... again. Seriously... all you have to do is do it. My problem is I go to NA and whenever I go there I feel like I want to smoke with everyone else. Just DONT DO IT. On that note, I am going to go do it. good luck.
  • < made a posting mistake
    Post edited by Freewaybeard at 2012-08-11 15:50:41
  • imagehttp://according2g.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Neckface.jpg

this helped me quit smoking along with other things but i liked having fun with quitting rather than making it a dark dreadful thing
  • I've been off the ciggarettes for a few days shy of a month now (I smoked for 17 years). It wasn't anywhere near as hard as I had been telling myself it would be.

First week was a pretty intense trip, followed by about two weeks worth of feeling like I was missing a hunk of my soul, and it's just starting to get normal now. I've been eating like some kind of monster though.

• i want them but i cant handle them.

i wish my friends and i would quit at the same time
  • I stopped 19 months ago. Smoked for 9 years, tried quitting with friends and that did not work at all. Ended up successful with patches and just manning up. I still get cravings even almost 2 years in but they are easy to dismiss. Also have dreams where I still smoke about once a month. It's a trip being in a dream and saying "wait, I don't smoke anymore, wtf am I doing" but then I always finish the cigarette in my dream. Whoever tries to quit knows it's tough but if I did it then anyone can do it.
    "We are all part of the same system, we are all cells in the same body and when we work together we will create magic on this earth like nothing has ever been seen before." -Bruce Lipton
  • I'm on my 7th day of quitting now... the hardest part is over. cold turkey is the way to go (for me)

I basically came to a point where I asked myself... what part of me is holding on to this habit? The answer was easy... The part of me that was a 16 year old, confused little kid looking for answers from other people. The smoking thing was because I thought it was cool... to fit in. Now that I know that this whole concept is fake, there is no reason to hold on to such a habit.

I realized that I need to let that part go if I truly want to be my own master. I want to do something because I want , not because my body craves it.

A technique I used!
    Long story short: Tell yourself that you're not quitting permanently, just quitting for 7 days. After those 7 days. This takes away all the pressure of thinking about living without smoking for the rest of your life.
    Eventually...After really feeling the benefits (better breathing, smell, taste ... AND being able to smell the horrible taste of other people's cigs), you choose whether to go back to the habit or continue without it.
    You gotta have recent experiences living with or without it to sincerely make an honest choice about what the next step will be. Give both ways of living an equal chance to have a say!

The choice will be easy at day 7. Trust me.

OH and... I almost missed the bus today, I had to run really really hard and fast to reach it. Guess what... I wasn't even remotely out of breath!

If I was smoking I would be shit out of breath in 10 seconds AND have lost the bus (for a rather important meeting actually)
    Post edited by Nostradamus at 2012-09-21 20:09:01
  • Oh! I have a question. Especially for experienced Quitters here!
    Every once in a while I get my hands on a nicotine patch or two. Not for quitting purposes, but for having totally insane and vivid dreams. I'd like to keep this little thing going on like a couple of times a year... It's a little nicotine-psychedelic ritual of mine.

How long do I have to stay clean before it is safe to sleep with the patch...without returning to the brain fogged hell-week feeling

3 months? Less/more ... whaddya think?
    Post edited by Nostradamus at 2012-09-21 19:34:41
  • I'm going to give you guys some sage advice a wise old spiritual guru named Bob Newhart once gave me.

STOP IT!

"Up above aliens hover, making home movies for the folks back home of all these weird creatures that lock up their spirits, drill holes in themselves, and live for their secrets. They're all uptight" -Radiohead
  • work out, do something enjoyable yet time consuming. Quitting cig is not that hard if you want to. I think it is just all that propaganda surrounding quitting is what makes it hard for people to do so like it is some kind of grand achievement. "Oh hey everyone I quit cigarettes, give me a gold star!" Video games are addicting, junk food is addicting, sex is addicting, coffee is addicting, ect stop being a victim and realize that you can do without them if need be. Even if you do not quit, realize that people who do not smoke still have health and mental issues and yet they aren't quitting being unhealthy people. Just by thinking about how much you spent on cigarettes and how long you have been smoking, you are making it harder for yourself to quit.
  • I had two today randomly. Ran into 2 people, at different times, that I haven't seen in a long time, each offered one. Accepted both, I dunno why, it's been months since I've last had one.
    Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see and hear. Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one millionth of reality.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!